Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May is the Month for Moms

I'm a little late for Mother's Day but it's still May (even if it's the last day of the month) so that counts for something, right?)

Through the years I've had many ups and downs with my mom. My relationship has gone something like this...........I pretty much needed my mom for everything from the day I was born until about 5th grade (even though I was a huge daddy's girl), then mom wasn't so cool from about 6th grade through high school.  We somewhat became friends again while I was away at college. Then during my adult life we are the bestest of friends.  I'm so very thankful for all stages of our relationship; we've smiled a lot, laughed even more, fought a lot, cried some and have made many memories that will last forever.

I've heard many stories from friends about the relationships with their moms, some are good and some not so much. Having a great relationship goes both ways, it takes two. Just like a marriage or any other relationship it takes effort and time, sometimes that comes very easy. I'm thankful to say our relationship comes easy.

These are just a few reasons why I"m thankful for Linda:
We talk almost everyday, even if we have nothing to say
We're best friends
She's the best mother-in-law Mark and Casey could ever want
Her heart is as big as Texas
She's has a great work ethic
She's taught me to be a Christ Follower
She always has a homemade sweet treat in the kitchen
She's the best Granna to Drew and Alex
She's funny
She still dresses cute, not like an old lady, wait she's not old either
We have the same taste
She loves to shop
She taught me right from wrong
She's the center of our family
She still "dates" my dad and they have set the example for love and marriage
Her laugh - I think we both can pretty much laugh at anything
She's a great cook
She's a role model
She's on. the. go. - we tend to never slow down. I think we both tick with the more we have going on.
She's active - she does love her Curves workouts
She has such a giving heart
She's fun to be around no matter what - she lights up the room for sure
She finds the best in every situation
We share a love for festivals, strawberries AND chocolate


Now..............if I can one day just be half the mother she is to me. I'm not sure what I would do without you, I look forward to the many more memories we'll make. Thanks Mom, love you!











No comments: