Thursday, October 1, 2009

Visiting the Mouse

Since I was attending the conference in Orlando Mark decided to join me afterwards for a few days of fun in the world of Disney. We enjoyed Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Universal Studios. Neither one of us had ever been to Disney World so we decided to experience this together. (I did visit Magic Kingdom for one day about 7 years ago, but I don't count that. :)) We started off at Epcot and had so much fun. Since there were no lines and only the two of us we whizzed through those parks so fast. We were usually finished by 5pm or 6pm every day, we did what we wanted and got out. :) We did go back to Epcot to see their fireworks show which I will say was GREAT! I was very impressed, it was definitely more than just fireworks. They also had a food and wine festival going on so it was interesting to see the foods and wines from all the different countries. It was an experience.


























We went to Universal the second day. The best thing was the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster. It was awesome! We both love roller coasters and it was probably the best one we've ever riden. It was also very neat to see all the movie sets at Universal.



















Magic Kingdom was the last day. This is surely a very magical place and the more kid friendly park. Next time we will definitely have kids in tow. To be honest we were a little disappointed in the parks. We thought we had made the decision to visit the more "adult" parks but they were still very much geared toward the kids, which I understand is the point But we left wanting to visit Six Flags or Kings Island for some roller coasters. :) We did have a fun time and highly recommend going when kids are in school!!!




















We did play putt-putt one night too. Mark beat me by 1 point - I was ready for a re-match!

1 comment:

Tara said...

So glad you got to visit the Thompson's best mouse friend! If I had known you were going and you wanted coasters, I would have told you to go to Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. The Aerosmith ride is out of this world! I loved it. Your right, Magic Kingdom is definitely all about the kids. I still love it though. It is my favorite park...something so magical about that place. Probably because I have memories of it when I was a kid. Hollywood Studios is my next favorite. We did Universal and loved it! The coasters are awesome. Glad you had a good time and got to experience it before kids. It is hard to do all of the fun stuff when the little ones come along.:)