Sunday, October 11, 2009

Love Someone Tonight

Saturday I participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Brentwood. Our office has been raising funds for months now for Race for the Cure. We have had several activities such as "Real Men Wear Pink" day, buy a pink bracelet and wear jeans all week, we had a cookout with executives in the dunk tank and raised money for employees to dunk them and on Friday we had a chili cook off. As a company I believe we raised over $70,000. We had a team also participate in the 5K walk/run on Saturday. It was an early and cold Saturday morning but well worth it. I can't even tell you how many people were there - there was just a sea of people everywhere you looked. It was a great event for a great cause. One thing I was looking forward to most was meeting Delilah and I did that first thing! I was so surprised that the Mix 92.9 tent was right next to ours so it was very convenient. The line wasn't long and I got to meet her right before she took a break - whew, good thing. Here are some pictures from the event. I was also glad to see at the Y today that for every mile that's ran or walked on the new pink treadmills they will donate 10 cents. So I will definitely be doing my part on the pink treadmills.

Me and Delilah!!


























Only part of our team















Me and Becky



















Becky and her hula hoop team -
they hooped the entire race!