Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gobble, gobble, mooo

I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone. I started the Thanksgiving holiday on Wednesday with a breakfast of champions with Pat Summit and Rick Insell. The Lady Vols and Lady Raiders matched up on Wednesday evening but started out with a breakfast celebrating women's basketball. I was invited by some of my great friends at the new Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro. I had a great time, thanks for the invite. I did go into work afterwards but it was pretty much a wash-out day. Then we traveled east to celebrate Thanksgiving with my side of the family this year. We had a delicious meal and of course probably too much but it sure didn't compare to the 10 or so 6 ft. tables of food we had at Mark's family last year. :) It was a nice low key day eating, napping, playing with Drew, conversing and watching football.
Mom and dad actually came back with us on Thursday night because mom and I like to shop here on Black Friday. So we all looked at the paper to plan our day. This year was a bit different as we didn't really have a purpose or mission. But nonetheless we still got up and started about 6am. It was, as usual, an all day event, getting us home about 4pm. We had a great time and did find some deals even though we really weren't looking for anything in particular. We've had our tree up for several weeks and the shopping is pretty much complete so we're definitely ready to celebrate this Christmas season.
When mom and dad came to our house Santa paid us a visit too bringing us a new deep freezer for our cow. Mom works with a guy that raises cows. Mom and dad have bought a cow for several years and I just love the meat so we thought we would give it a try. We split a half with my uncle so we purchased a fourth of a cow. We have enough steak, ground beef and roasts to last us for probably well over a year. We knew we were going to have to buy a freezer but we were fortunate enough to have Santa bring us one. Yea! Thanks Santa!

2 comments:

mary leigh said...

next time split a cow with me! i totally wanna do that!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

I still love Santa! We love getting a cow too. No need for all of the preserveratives. Hope all is well!