Monday, January 4, 2010

It's the most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Christmas was again keeping the Tennessee roads hot. We traveled southwest to visit Mark's family on Christmas Eve. We spent the day eating and playing games, just good ole family time. We then opened presents, we were completely shocked to get a Nintendo Wii. Our nephews opened their's and surprised that we had opened one too. Now Mark is all about games. He has asked to get one for some time now but I never gave in. I just feel that we wouldn't play it and it would be a waste of money. He is so excited about this and some of his friends are giving him games. He is a happy camper. Mark also got some tools and I got some kitchen things and a new iPod docking station (other one died). The boys had to hook up the Wii IMMEDIATELY so we were entertained by them trying to figure out the games.


Waiting for Santa

Being silly

The boys and their Wii (that doens't sound right) Our little princess - she changed clothes about 20 times.Molly got new toys and sweater

Christmas day we went to my Mamaw and Papaw's for lunch. I hadn't been there for Christmas dinner in 4 years so it was great to see the whole family. We had a great lunch with all the fixins and then went to mom and dad's for some relaxing, eating, and present opening. Drew was all over the place in rare form. He finally got the hang of opening presents and really helped Mark open his presents. Drew got his first remote control car, a big wheel and some clothes. Mom asked all of us to spend the night on Christmas night, otherwise we all would have probably driven back home. So she got her wish, me, Mark, Molly, Bradley, Casey, Drew, Comet and Scooter. She definitely had a house full. But it was none or all! :) We had a great time ending Christmas night with some games (me = WINNER). We woke up to mom cooking a huge breakfast on Saturday that was oh so good!

Thanks everyone for a great and memorable Christmas. We are so fortunate to be able to spend the holidays we both sets of families.

Drew got some new Car slippers


Daddy helping open presents


New remote control car that does flips


Drew crawled in and out of this tent a hundred times. Helping Uncle Mark open presents
Casey and I got new Coke pjs
We all got new jackets!

Drew trying on his new duds.

2 comments:

Casey said...

I just needed to clarify that we didn't ALL get new jackets! Fun pictures, I can't wait to see the ones from NY. BTW, I used my new ipod arm band this morning while I ran, and it was GREAT!

The Peters Family said...

fun post! Your family is adorable. I would've stayed for a mom-cooked breakfast too.