Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Date Box

While we're still talking about Valentine's Day, I wanted to share the gift I gave Mark. We decided NOT to do gifts but I couldn't resist. I found this idea on Pinterest and had to execute. So we exchanged cards and then I gave this gift......

Mark was so defensive, thinking he was a slacker for staying true to our agreement of no gifts, not spending unnecessary dollars and being satisfied with our homemade meal and movie night. I told him I only spent 99 cents on the box so this was a very cheap gift and was pretty much a gift to us both.

So let me back up and recap a Christmas gift I put in Mark's stocking. It too was a Pinterest idea. I got a deck of cards and on each card wrote a reason I loved him. Again, that cost pennies.



So when I said my Valentine's Day gift cost next to nothing he asked "is this another one of your thrifty Pinterest ideas?"  He was on to me. :)  I had come up with almost 50 date ideas and included them all in this box. I love to be on the go and sometimes Mark isn't too fond of my ideas and just wants a lazy day at home. The dates range from breakfast at the Pfunky Griddle to a weekend getaway. Some include our favorites places and things to do while others will be us trying something new. Whenever we want, we can draw from this box. I was so excited for Mark to read all of the suggestions in the box but instead he decided to only look a couple and let the rest be a surprise. How can he do that, I would be busting at the seams??  I'll probably forget most of them too, so it will be a surprise for me too! 



We actually just drew our first one this past weekend and it was "City Saver Lunch Date - pick anywhere for lunch as long as we have a City Saver Coupon"  See, I added our savings in there too! :)  We went to Razz's and had a horrible experience but it was still fun since it was our first date drawn and we spent that time together. I'll continue to blog about our date experiences.

No comments: