Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dang Leap Year

Happy 29th Birthday to Me!

It was leap year this year so that means I had to wait an extra entire day to celebrate. What's the purpose of that day anyway?!?!?  Oh right, something about this big ole round planet we live on revolving around the sun........well anyway.

I believe I've mentioned this before but all of my girlfriends in high school had birthdays the week before mine so I was already anxious for my birthday.  My 16th birthday fell on a leap year and so I had to wait one extra day before getting my license. That was the worst!

The wait wasn't so bad this year. It was a work day so I enjoyed most of my day in the office. We did have a bridal shower for a co-worker so I had a great lunch from Maggiano's then I had dinner with friends at Cantina Laredo. 


The hubby's were there too but the group pic wasn't all that great!
Thanks for coming to celebrate with me!


It's not a birthday without cake!
And this was an amazing white chocolate raspberry cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes! Oh, it was delicious! I could really take a piece RIGHT NOW!

Mark is always so good to make my day extra special. I got a new camera bag, a bag of pretzel M&M's and a beautiful birthstone ring (He went to Jared's)! You did so well, honey! The camera bag was a great gift since the day after my birthday we headed to Park City, UT (more on that later). 

We also got to celebrate with my family. I think the best gift was a Ziploc bag of Easter peeps and a smashed oatmeal Little Debbie from Drew. He put it together all by himself and knew I would just love it. :)

Every Spring I just love the bright yellow forsythias! So Mom and Dad got me one to plant at home. We have planted it, at the end of our driveway. Of course, they've already turned green this season but I can't wait for our little yellow blooms next year!

No comments: