Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hit the Ground Running

In honor of National Running Day - I'm back at it....finally! I wanted to run the Music City Half Marathon this past April but a) none of my friends or family have ANY desire to run a half marathon and b) I started training by myself but my back wasn't cooperating.
It's been hard for me to get back into running since my back injury last July but I'm trying to take it slow. Even that has been difficult. I enjoy running outside more than on a treadmill but Mark is quite the opposite, he loves a treadmill. I've been running on our treadmill but I was ready to get back outside. I've been begging Mark to run with me, just asking him to give the outdoors a chance. Well he did it!!! And I'm so hApPy! He's actually enjoying it too. Mark is one of those people that has NO desire to run a marathon what.so.ever.  Ya'll, I think I'm getting to him but shhh......

We've signed up for this 5K (TEAM SPLATTER!) in October. Even though we run 3+ miles daily this may be my start to getting Mark to participate in other organized runs, someday getting to the 1/2 marathon. Ohhhh, I'm so excited!!

The running outside has also been better for my back so I'm hopeful I can keep at it. I've also been enjoying the RunTracker app on my phone. It keeps up with my distance, pace, time and avg. min/mile. It stores my play list and even has a power song (my is set to Black Eyed Peas, I Gotta Feeling) that comes on when I need that little boost to keep going. I seriously heart it.








"Every day is a good day when you run."
-Kevin Nelson

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
-Eleanor Roosevelt:




1 comment:

The Zarecor's said...

I'm doing the color run too in Nashville! Although it may be more of a walk for me. Got knee trouble since my half marathon. Anyways...we will have to meet up!!!!!