Thursday, July 26, 2012

Salt Lake City

I attended a trade show for work in Salt Lake City back in June. Walking down the streets one day I noticed this piano....
It was just sitting on the sidewalk, waiting for someone to play it. I thought it was strange but went on about my business.

The next day I saw another one...


This made me think they were placed there for a reason so I had to look it up. How cool is this? The Utah Museum of Contemporary Art placed these pianos on the streets for people to play! They were all over the city!

I only saw 4 out of the 10 there. If I'd had more time I would have for sure made my rounds to see them ALL! 

And then on my way here.......
 to have one (ok maybe I had two) of these........
I saw this last one....
and finally someone was actually playing it. I was tempted several times to break out some Yankee Doodle but I held back.

Salt Lake City is much smaller than I thought and very quiet. There was never much going on, kind of strange but glad I got to see the pianos and experience the Kouing Amans (thanks to Tori Spelling)!!

No comments: