Wednesday, August 1, 2012

St. Thomas - Day 3

Today was a bit overcast so we decided to go into town and check that off our list. We started our day off with a great breakfast at Molly Molone's. Breakfast is Mark's favorite meal of the day and boy was he happy to get an omelet and bacon! We brought poptarts and breakfast bars for the other days so this was a real treat. :)  This place had iguanas just roaming through the restaurant, it was cool and creepy at the same time.


We had an interesting cab ride into town that probably took an hour because of so many pickups and drop offs BUT it did only cost $8. Score! We went into several shops, near where all the cruise ships port. We could not get over all the jewelry stores. But here they don't have a sales tax so I'm sure many people take advantage of that.

I had read about the Step Streets and wanted to see those for sure. So we made our way up the 99 steps and had a photo shoot along the way.




I had also read about Zora's. She makes custom sandals, which are super cute but the pair I wanted cost $250. Really!?!?!  For a pair of sandals?!?!  Mark said I better wear them everyday and run in them for that. Ha - I opted NOT to get a pair. I do already dread it because they were SO comfortable. I'll start saving my allowance to get a pair when we come back. Funny we ran into a couple from Nolensville and Franklin while in the store, too.



Before heading to the hotel we stopped at the grocery store and purchased sandwich meat, bread, snacks and drinks. This was a VERY good decision on our part.

We came back to the hotel and spent some time at the pool before dinner. Dinner - man, what an experience! I had also read about the Old Stone Farmhouse. I was looking forward to this dinner as the trip advisor reviews were great and the menu looked fan-tastic. We got a tour of the kitchen, had kangaroo, a delicious fillet and shrimp pad Thai. Oh it was so delicious! I would highly recommend this if you visit St. Thomas.


No comments: