Thursday, August 2, 2012

St. Thomas - Day 7

This was a day we had been waiting for, not because it was our last day, that made us way sad. We were excited because we were going on an excursion to the Virgin Islands. All week we went back and forth on how we wanted to see some other islands - do we take a ferry, do we rent a boat or do we do an excursion??  I'm so glad we did this! It was our BEST DAY!

We hopped aboard Bad Kitty and set out for the British Virgin Islands. Our first stop was The Baths. Here we had to anchor out in the ocean and swim to shore to take advantage of this beautiful place. We purchased a waterproof bag (about the size of a body bag) so we could take my camera. I would have been PeeO'd if I didn't have it.


The Baths is an area of Virgin Gorda, BVI with pools surrounded by boulders pushed up from the earth by the earth's shift. It was absolutely and my pictures do not do it justice. They do several photo shoots in these caves for Victoria Secret and other magazines. It was absolutely beautiful. I've always had a thing for rocks in the ocean. It's so pretty and I love the sound of the waves crashing against them.


Next stop was Cooper Island for lunch.


Then we stopped to snorkel in the caves. I'm not a huge snorkeler so I did for a bit and hopped back on the boat where several people were jumping off the top deck into the ocean. For the first time in my life I acted like a wuss and didn't jump. It really ate at me but it was probably for the best given my track record.

Our last stop was Jost Van Dyke and the Soggy Dollar Bar. This is voted one of the best beaches in the world. I would have to agree. Here we anchored in the ocean again and swam to shore. The Soggy Dollar Bar is home of the original Painkiller. It was such a beautiful place!


Now this photo below is one I am most proud of. I didn't realize how good this was until we got home and I was going through all of pictures. This one took my breath away. I couldn't believe the perfection of the colors of the water and sky. Ohh, I just love it!


The excursion was a perfect end to a wonderful vacation. We're already planning a trip back - it was certainly one of the best vacations yet! It was nice to  take a break, be so removed from everyday life (but still keep up with my bestie having a baby in the states while I was away) and spend some good QT with my man!

No comments: