Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just call me Katie Chang

wife.... or something to P.F. Chang. I have now mastered the recipe of PF Chang's Spicy Chicken (this is comparable to General Tso's Chicken). Mmmm, it is so good. Mark and I love this dish and I just wanted to learn how to make it at home so I went searching online at different recipes and actually found one from PF Changs. We took a trip to the Asian grocery store and got to cookin. It tastes just like it, I just can't get enough of it. I too have tried the crab wontons, haven't mastered but I sure am getting there!
PF Chang's Spicy Chicken

10 ounces chicken breast
Potato Starch
Canola Oil
3 teaspoons oil
1 teaspoon garlic
1/4 cup green onions
1 teaspoon chili paste
1 ounce house white sauce (chicken stock with a touch of oyster sauce)
1 ounce Chang's sauce (sugar and vinegar combined)
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch

Dice chicken breast and lightly coat with potato starch.
Fill frying pan with enough Canola oil to fry chicken. Fry chicken for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Drain chicken. Rinse out frying pan.
Add oil back into pan. Add garlic, green onions, chili paste, house white sauce, Chang's sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch. Mix in fried chicken. Sauce shoudl bind to the chicken. Serve with rice or noodles.

I haven't tackled the lo mien yet, I'm sure it's easy but we just go take-out.

2 comments:

mary leigh said...

oh man, this sounds yummy. i just got a new sweet and sour chicken recipe i wanna try, but i'll add this to my list.
where is an asian store?

Tara said...

Oooohh, that sounds so good! I love that stuff. I will have to try very soon. Thanks for sharing!