Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This Thanksgiving weekend was a very fun yet busy one.

Thursday was a great Thanksgiving with Mark's family. I have never seen so much food and so many people at one Thanksgiving dinner. There were (4) six foot tables full of food and (2) six foot tables of desserts. Needless to say I did not leave there hungry and if I had, it would have been my own fault. I met many people that I had not yet met and it was great to see others that I had met. It was a wonderful dinner and great family fellowship.

Thursday after lunch, we went shooting. Last year I went hunting with Mark and his nephew, this year we just went shooting at a target. I had never shot a gun before and to be honest I am a little scared of guns. But I gave it a shot (ha! no pun intended). I shot a 357 Magnum and a 270 calibar rifle. The magnum almost made me deaf. I couldn't believe how loud it was and it certainly had a kick-back. I'm surprised I wasn't laid out on the ground afterwards. As far as hitting the bulls eye, I did ok but I did not feel very stable at all. I just need a little practice. If I didn't kill the man I shot at, I would definitely scare him to death. :) The rifle was hard because there were a lot of things to keep in mind. I had to keep the scope away from my eye so I would black my own eye - boy that would be a story. And I had to keep it rested against my shoulder and I had to balance the gun on the tree and line up the target - whew, there was a lot to it. It was an experience, that's for sure.






After our shooting extravaganza, mom and dad came out to spend the weekend. We had big plans for their stay. Mom and I went on our annual shopping spree while Mark and dad painted and put down hardwood floors in my living room and down the hall. I really appreciate their hard work. It was definitely a weekend project. They worked each other to death but it definitely paid off. They painted the walls green (which I just love, I really have an eye for green lately), pulled up the carpet, laid the hardwood and rearranged our new furniture that came on Saturday. We still aren't finished decorating. I have yet to find the pillows, curtains and wall hangings that I want but the entire room surely looks different. I just love it. I would like to go with greens and browns but Mark is afraid he is going to be sitting in a forest. Thanks guys again for your hard work. It's great to have handy men in your life. Sunday mom and I put up my Christmas tree and some decorations outside. I can't believe we only have three weeks until Christmas! Thanks for a great weekend.

Before..........


During.........

And after.....

7 comments:

mary leigh said...

I love the green! My kitchen is green! I'm jealous of your hardwoods. I want to redo the floors in my kicthen and baths, but getting projects done around here isn't easy! Maybe you can rent Mark out :o)

The Rue Family said...

Wow what a difference that made. It is beautiful! I never would've picked that green but it's gorgeous! And didn't you look fabulous with those guns! I never thought shooting could be fun, then Trampas took me to a shooting range and I had a blast!

Tara said...

What a table full of FOOD! WOW! They know how to have a real Thanksgiving, hugh? It is so great that your Dad pitched in to help. The floors and the green walls look so fabulous! I have painted my kitchen, dining room and hallway in a similar shade of green. I had it at the old house and loved it. It seems to go with everything! Great choice!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Very pretty!

Elise Keylon said...

I love the before too!!

Casey said...

Wow, lots to comment on! 1st, I've never seen so much food at a Thanksgiving meal either! 2nd, I think you look like a natural with a gun...look out criminals of Nashville! 3rd, the house looks great, I love the green and the new furniture! Can't wait to see you on Christmas!

The Davis Family said...

Wow, looks awesome! I just love that color of green!