Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I turned to big 2-6! It has been a very relaxing snow day. :) Can you believe it, we got 3 1/2 inches on snow - I didn't order it, but it happened. We planned to meet mom and dad in Cookeville for breakfast but even last night were a bit concerned with the weather. Mom called at 8am this morning and said all was clear on her side so she assumed we were still on with the original plans. So I hopped up to check outside just to make sure before I started getting ready and WHAT? - WE GOT DUMPED ON! Everything was covered in white, it was beautiful! So we decided not to make the trip. Mark and I ended up laying around, watching movies and napping, I also made some snow cream (which Mark thinks is so nasty because all I'm eating is pollution). I had ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins (birthday cake is not my favorite dessert so this was perfect) and balloons. Mark got me sunglasses and new canisters for my kitchen. I just can't seem to keep up with my sunglasses for more than one summer. My thought is that if I got a nice pair (meaning I pay more than $8 at Target) then I would take better care of them and keep them longer. Mark could not of course pick these out because I wanted to be sized and make sure I had the right shape for my face, etc. So I have a new pair of shades for Mexico and our honeymoon. Yea! Now about my canisters. From the shower post earlier you can see my kitchen colors are plum and green. So I wanted plum canisters. I found some Fiestaware, I was so excited. I got them on Friday and I have them full and on my counter. I just love them! Thanks honey!

Happy Birthday to all you other Pisces as well!








3 comments:

mary leigh said...

Happy Birthday. And what nice gifts, you know I love fiesta. But I'm with you. All my sunglasses are from TJ Maxx cause I just break them or loose them. The only nice pair I had was broken within a month.
Can I see you soon?

Casey said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day! I love the new canisters!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Hey! I got your invitation... Excited. Is there a certain hotel that will offer a discount for your guests?