Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lots going on

We had a very busy weekend a couple of weeks ago. Mom came out on Thursday to my shower at work, (see earlier post), then Friday I had my bridal portraits. We had such a good time. The weather was perfect, although a little windy. I am very pleased with the pictures and now have to choose which ones to order, which will be a tough decision. On Saturday, I had my shower in Columbia with Mark's family. There have been other showers, baby showers, in his family in the past couple of months too so it has been nice to spend more time with his extended family and get to know them before the wedding. Mark's sister, Melanie, hosted the Columbia shower at the Athenaeum, which used to be an all girls school - back in the day. The building just has a lot of character, it was beautiful. There was a large crowd, fabulous, tasty food and lots of fun gifts. They had such a spread of food and the table was just beautiful. She included lots of personal touches, which I love, Hershey's kisses, napkins, favors, and the cake of course. Because of the historic pictures in the bu idling we were unable to take pictures with the flash so all I have are those outside. While mom was here I wanted to do some decorating with the items I have received at the showers. So with a couple of stops at Bed Bath and Beyond we finally had what we needed. We were so busy Saturday afternoon and Sunday but had a fun time. I was so glad mom was able to come out and spend time with me and enjoy the festivities. She says we probably won't have any more of those weekends. You wanna bet, we'll kick Mark out if we have to. :) Thanks Mom!


The Athenaeum


Me and Mom - I was so glad she made the trip,
we had such a fun filled weekend!


Me and Katie - thanks for making the trip and
all your help! So glad you were introduced to
EVERYONE!


The mothers


The hostesses - Linda, Melba and Melanie
Thanks ladies - you did a wonderful job!

1 comment:

Casey said...

The Athenaeum looked very neat! You looked super cute in your dress, I love it! Can't wait to see you this weekend!