Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mamaw's Vegetable Soup


One of my favorite things about being married is having somewhat of a routine and being able to cook dinner for more than just one person. I love food and I love trying to think of something new to fix. I get so tired of having/fixing the same old thing. Mark is somewhat of a picky eater but we are slowly changing that. Since we have been together he now likes chili, fettuccine Alfredo, green beans, and General Tso's Chicken (that's all I can think of right now). So I don't hold back - I just fix whatever and have a backup option just in case he doesn't like it. He isn't a big vegetable eater but I have been meaning to fix my Mamaw's vegetable soup. I thought he would like it but the first thing he said was 'where's the meat?' It's vegetable soup silly, it doesn't have meat. But guess what people, he loved it! And with cornbread he REALLY loved it!


And we even have leftovers - thanks Mamaw!


3 comments:

amanda persinger said...

You gotta love some homemade vegetable soup! LOL!

Tara said...

That looks mighty yummy!

The Davis Family said...

Ha! Clint ALWAYS says the same thing, "where's the meat!" It drives me crazy. Personally, I think you CAN have a meal without meat, but I guess it's a man thing!