Sunday, May 2, 2010

Very Wisteria



As I mentioned before Mark was awarded a trip to Watercolor, FL this year. We went a couple of weeks ago and it was very Wisteria. I honestly thought I was on the set of Desperate Housewives. The place just looked fake. The place is located between Panama City and Destin, near Seaside. It is just the cutest little community. We had bikes all week that we would ride into Seaside to eat and shop, we rented a kayak, sat poolside and just enjoyed the relaxation and sound of the ocean. I highly recommend this place to everyone. The houses are beautiful and there is just so much to do.





We made the drive down in about 7 hours which was not bad at all. Onsite they also had a BMW representative and we could rent a car for 2-4 hours at a time each day. So we took advantage of that by just driving around in the convertable one morning then we drove another car to PC Beach for dinner. It was fun to have a convertable, the weather was perfect!



There were also some organized events during our stay. We had signed up to participate in the Amazing Race. Mark and I love the show and I have actually looked at the application process, I believe we could win the real deal! So I had to beg Mark to participate. I told him this could be our dress rehearsal for the TV show. So I was pumped and I had my game face on. We had to ride our bikes all over the property to find clues and make our way back to the hotel lobby. I was excited and was determined to win. And we did!! We completed the race in 26 minutes when the counselor said it would take over an hour. What a team we make! We won a Kindle reading device and were so excited. Sometimes I'm too competitive for my own good.




The other event we participated in was the Gilligan's Island challenge. We had to build a raft our of cardboard and duct tape. Then we had to get it across the length of the pool with someone in it. We weren't really sure about our design but by golly we ended up winning this task too. We by no means had the best boat but we did get across the fastest. This time we won (2) $100 Southwest Gift Cards! WOOT! Again, what a great husband/wife team.















1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

I love Watercolor! We went to Seaside this last time as well as Watercolor. They are both really nice places. Looks like we just missed you by a week. We were there the April 17-24th. It looks like you guys had a blast!!!