Sunday, May 2, 2010

Vegas Baby!

We got back from Florida on Sunday afternoon then I headed to the airport early Monday morning headed to Las Vegas. We had a customer meeting there and did some amazing events. The first day they did the helicopter tour over the Grand Canyon, which I heard was amazing.



Monday night we had the opportunity to see a show. We ended up seeing Cirque du Soliel The Beatles Love. I recommend it, it was great and I'm not a HUGE Beatles fan.

Tuesday night we went to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and drove exotic cars. It was such a fun experience. First, with our partner we each had to drive this mini-coup around this cone track, switch drivers and be buckled up in the least amount of time. We couldn't hit or knock over any cones without points being deducted. Me and Gene did it in 1 min. 14 sec. We were in the lead for the most part but were then bypassed some super fast teams. I think overall we came in maybe 6th out of 25 teams. So not so bad.
Then we had the chance to drive either an Audi, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, or Ferrari. I drove the bright orange Lamborghini. It was AWESOME! I wasn't sure of shifting gears so I asked my trainer, Tim, to change it to automatic. Well he told me automatic was for a getting groceries and I left the groceries at home. Ok, fine, guess that settles that. I was a bit nervous because I wasn't familiar with the track and it was really dark. Tim told me exactly what to do and when to do it. The gears were on the steering wheel so it wasn't hard at all. I had the best time and Tim was the best trainer! I'm not sure how fast we went but I burnt some rubber.






Getting ready to drive with our hair nets on.

Here I go!

I survived with Trainer Tim!

I was also awarded BEST FEMALE DRIVER! Yes, I was awesome!



No comments: