Friday, July 9, 2010

Way Behind!

Well sheesh, it has been way too long! And so much has happened. I'm going to try to get caught up. I have a list....a long list of the blogs I need to complete. So instead of putting it off, I'm going to just get at it.

Since I wrote last Mark and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary - awwwh! We've decided that we will always try to take some sort of trip, big or small, to celebrate just me and Mark. In mid-April we went to the beach so we wanted to go somewhere different, we chose Boston. We ended up getting a great deal on our hotel from priceline.com and we both had flight vouchers. So...with that we were able to splurge on FOOD! I love food and sometimes it's a big challenge living with my soo picky spouse. But let me give you the run down of our trip.
When we arrived we were starving, airplane peanuts just didn't do the trick. Wait, wait, let me back up. Gee, it's been so long I almost forgot. We take a cab to our hotel and Mark went to get his wallet and realized he didn't have it. He had left it on the plane - good job honey! UGH, I was so mad!! What a way to start the weekend. Who puts the most important thing in the back seat pocket of an airplane. So first things first, we cancel all of Mark's credit cards then we're on the hunt for food. We asked the concierge for something close just to grab something quick to tie us over until dinner. So we start walking, walking, walking some more and down comes the rain. Good thing I suggested we put on our rain jackets. We couldn't find anything to eat, I mean nothing. It was cold and wet so we decided to go back and just get a snack from the gift shop and have an early dinner. So we did just that. We're suckers for some Italian food so that was our first cuisine of choice. We ate at Limoncello, oh it was so good!



Day two we slept in after getting up at the butt crack of dawn the day before. Let me say this was the first trip we went on in which I did not have an itinerary for us. We were flying by the seat of our pants, which I think worried Mark a bit. We decided to do the Duck Boat Tours, it's such a great way to see a city. We wanted to get our tickets and pick out our tour time first. We got our tickets for a 2pm tour so we needed lunch. We walked across town (which was not far) to Cheers (where everybody knows your name!). I just love little places like this. We had a great burger, took some pics and headed back to our boat tour. We got to see a lot of the city and pick out some places we definitely wanted to visit again on foot. By the time we got back it was time get ready for the baseball game! It was great to see Fenway, the park everyone talks about. It was a great night for a ballgame and a great experience. I wish we had a baseball team here.








Day three was walk the Freedom Trail day! And boy it took the whole day. This 2.5 mile trail leads you to all the historic sights in Boston. We found out everything is the "oldest" in Boston. I am not a museum kind of girl so I was happy that Mark already mentioned he didn't want to visit museums and aquariums on this trip. Thank goodness! We began our day touring the U.S.S. Constitution (oldest commissioned warship afloat). I must say this was really neat. I can't imagine living on something like that. We visited the oldest church, Paul Revere's house and dined at Regina Pizzeria. MMmm, the best pizza! We continued to stroll by the oldest restaurant, ye olde Union Oyster House, shopped and watched street performers in Quincy Market. We rounded out the day with steak and seafood at Skipjacks.

Day 4 I had to work some. We had a conference going on in Boston so I had to get some things set up for them. Mark was a great sport and went with me. We decided to get up early and get all that out of the way as to not interrupt our entire day. Afterwards, we grabbed lunch and headed to Harvard. What a neat campus, we just strolled around campus, thanking God we were not still in school. We decided to round the trip out with one more Italian dish from Ristorante Fiore.



Since our Anniversary fell on Sunday and we were out of town we were able to enjoy our wedding cake on Monday. And I must say it was as delicious as on our wedding day. It was yummy, yummy!
Happy Anniversary, Honey! We had a great trip and to top it off Southwest called and found his wallet - EVERYTHING was still in it!! Thank you Lord! They mailed it back and all is hunky-dory.

No comments: