Friday, July 16, 2010

Wine Angels

I was blessed with ANOTHER trip to Vegas this year. Woohoo (sarcasm)! This time for a conference. We stayed at Caesars Palace and had the former Globetrotters in our booth as we did in Atlanta. Of course they were a huge hit and a big draw to our booth. I'm sure we had the best concept there except for maybe during one 30 minute break when someone had Joe Montana in their booth. I was able to sneak a picture of him.





We had some great meals while there. One night we attended a reception then headed to Mandalay Bay to find some dinner. The whole reason we chose Mandalay Bay was because the night before at dinner the conversation about the Wine Angels came up. Two of us had seen them on Oprah's episode of the most glamorous dream jobs and decided to look them up. We walk in and sure enough there is this huge tower of wine and two cords in which the "angels" shimmy up to get your wine. It was very neat! I can get so star struck over the simplest things. I was so excited and so giddy that the guy asked for my ID and looked it over, front and back. He then came back and apologized. :) Shoot, I didn't mind, sure you can see my ID. :o Well we split a bottle of wine and it was on to dinner. I have you know it was 9pm and we could not find ONE restaurant that was open. Not one, remember, we're in Vegas. I didn't know things shut down in Vegas. We finally found a "diner" type restaurant which did have the best shakes! But sheesh, we couldn't believe that's what we had to settle for in Vegas.

Home of the Wine Angels


Me and Kristi in front of the wine tower


Wine Angels - Kristi, Eboni and me


There she goes to get our wine

No comments: