Monday, July 7, 2008

Up close and personal

We had a great July 4th weekend! The highlight was the Kenny Chesney concert on Saturday. A couple of months ago I told you all that my co-worker and I won FRONT ROW tickets, well they were GREAT! We had the best time and that is absolutely the best way to see a concert. It was very hot that day but we were fortunate enough to be in some shade and every once in a while there was a nice breeze, so it wasn't all that bad. The show started with Gary Allen. He was awesome but he just didn't play long enough. :( I would have loved to hear more of him. LeAnn Rimes came on next. I am not really a huge fan but boy did she put on a show. I really liked her live. Then came Sammy Hagar, not really sure where he was supposed to fit in but anyway, he was there and we listened. :) Keith Urban took the stage next. He was AWESOME! We were seated to the left of the stage a bit but all artists worked the stage great, so we were able to get a really good shot of each star. Well, Keith came over to our side, sat down on the stage with his feet hanging off. Then before we knew it, he was standing in the chair right beside us. As he continued to sing, all of us crazy fans just snapped pictures of him left and right. And I TOUCHED HIM. :) I don't even remember what song he was singing or anything. That was definitely the highlight of the night. So after we got cooled down, Kenny came on. I have seen him now 3 times and of course this show was very comparable to all his other shows. One other highlight was that Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland, made an appearance and sang "Stay." I just love Sugarland, so I enjoyed her but we didn't really get a good view of her. We pretty much had to watch that song on the big screen. The concert was amazing, but would much rather go for free like we did than pay the $400-$500 dollars the people next to us paid. Whew! How fun, here are some of our up-close pictures.

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Happy late 4th! Looks like you had TOO much fun! Your blog definitely looks like you... I hope wedding plans are going well!!! I know you are very excited

Casey said...

Oh my what pictures!!! I'm so jealous! It sounds like you all had a great time!! I can't wait to see you this weekend!!

Tara said...

How exciting!

The Davis Family said...

Fun pictures...I know you had a blast!