Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Name

Taking a new name is going to be very difficult at first but millions do it everyday so it will just take some getting used to. The thing I dread the most is calling and changing my name for credit cards, banks, drivers license, insurance, social security, etc. And I really dread the change at work with email and phone calls. Some of you may not know but my last name will be Rogers. Is that great or what!?!?!!?!? I love Stooksbury but you have no idea how great it's going to be to say Rogers and not be called Stocksbury, Stockberry, Stuburg, etc. It's pretty simple, Rogers, R-O-G (no D) - E-R-S. YES! And you may ask, are you going to hyphenate? - Heck no! Are you kidding me!?!?! Would you? I will be Mrs. Katie Stooksbury Rogers. Mark and I were talking about this a few months ago and he could not believe I was keeping my last name and ditching the middle name. He didn't know that's what people do. This is his first time at this marriage thing, ya know. :) He just doesn't have a clue. Although, he has been so helpful and supportive in all the planning, he is the greatest! I just have to explain things sometimes. :) I cannot wait to marry him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

even though there is stress involved in changing your name, its so neat!!! david didnt understand why i was dropping my middle and keeping my last either...guys are clueless they dont have to do much of anything when it comes to the prep of marriage except SHOW UP!! i am so excited for you...MRS. ROGERS!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

I love the pictures! You look very pretty and EXTREMELY happy!!! You deserve it! I see you are busy but of course you are on top of things and organized...

Maranda said...

Adam was the same way when we got married.I guess I didn't even think about it much. I was going to keep Boston just like my mother kept her maiden name! Enjoy planning this wedding. I know it is a lot but it will all be worth it when you look back and your day went exactly as you pictured! Good Luck to the future Mrs. Rogers

Tara said...

Katie, you will love the new name thing. I am actually a weirdo though, cause I kept my middle name and ditched my last. I wished now that I had kept both, but come on that would be a long name! Tara Lee Neal Thompson... the reason I kept my middle is because my Dad and the Neal family has always called me "Tara Lee" so I didnt want to lose that. Whatever you choose will be great!