Friday, December 7, 2012

B-I-N-G-O

I've been wanting to go play Bingo at the Kentucky state line for a few months now. Mark was on board, just not as excited as I was. I couldn't find a lot of information about it online but when I called I always got the same recording. They have games Friday and Saturday night as well as Sunday afternoon. We decided to go last Friday night and we invited our neighbors to go with us.  We had the BEST time! It's literally AT the state line! We immediately saw the BINGO sign on the left, pulled in and went for it. We walked inside and were directed upstairs. We first went into the room where people were betting on horse races around the world then we found bingo. It was a huge hall, electronic boards and this guy that was calling letters/numbers VERY fast. We went to the window and paid $12 per person for every game  they were playing that night and our very own dauber.

At first it was VERY overwhelming! You have 9 cards on a sheet and two sheets, so you're playing 18 cards at a time. You're so busy concentrating on the letters/numbers he's calling it's hard to remember to look and see if you even have a bingo. I was so frustrated when someone would call Bingo. I felt with just another round or so I would have it. None of us won but we did have fun. Thank goodness for the cute little young couple sitting next to us. Yes, the majority of people were older but I'm not sure we were the youngest in the hall.

So when we were leaving we saw another bingo hall across the street. We then realized we were at Kentucky Downs (hence the horse race betting) and the one across the street was Kentucky State Line Bingo, where we had originally planned to go. We by far picked the better hall.

So we are now trying to plan our next visit, we're sure one of us will win. Oh and the prizes, each game it was a prize of at least $200 up to $1,000.

No comments: