Friday, December 7, 2012

St. Louis

Back in July I attended an educational conference, MPI's World Education Congress, in St. Louis. I had never been to STL so I was looking forward to seeing the arch. That was the only thing I even knew about STL, besides the Cardinals.

I participated in a 5K which was ran in the park around the arch. What a beautiful setting to to start the day.


There were several great sessions but I won't bore you with those details. One fun thing they incorporated into the meeting was a scavenger hunt type game, Goosechase.  It's an app you download onto your phone and the creators are setting up and adding missions of something you must take a picture of. Some things were relevant to the education, events, meals, etc. It was so much fun and being the competitive person I am I had to participate. Only two of us out of group did but we had a great time. We didn't win but it gave me a good sense of how I could use this for/during some of my meetings/events. I can't wait to try this out with our Marketing team during the holidays.

Being a conference of meeting planners they had to blow it out with some of the evening events too. The first night's welcome reception was at the Cardinal's stadium, and we were on the field! They had food truck catering, different entertainers, live music, games, tours of the locker room, photo opps, you could throw pitches in the bull pin and you could even get your picture made with the World Series trophy.




They also treated us to a great time at the City Museum which was a really cool place. I'd like to go back here one day. And I am NOT a museum person but this just let's your imagination run wild.


Can't wait for next year in Las Vegas!

No comments: