Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Honeymooners

For our honeymoon we went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It was absolutely beautiful! In the meeting and events industry I had heard that DR was a new hot spot and we for sure didn't want to go to Mexico. So we tossed around the idea of Jamaica, Aruba, etc. So we landed on Dominican Republic since neither one of us had ever been there. It was a great decision. I was lucky enough to win 2 American Airline vouchers during one of my Meeting Professionals International meetings. It's an organization that I'm in and I completed a survey after one meeting and won 2 flight vouchers. That was such a blessing, we were able to use them towards our trip. So with that said, we were limited on the flights that we could take so we had a couple of long travel days. We woke up early on Sunday morning after the wedding and headed straight for the airport. We flew to Miami and had like a 7 hour layover. So we got out of the airport and spent the day in Miami. Then we finally got to our resort in DR late on Sunday night. Upon our arrival we were unexpectedly upgraded to VIP level and into a Presidential suite. The room was FABULOUS! It was like a small apartment! Thanks to some of my colleagues - YOU ROCK! We went with no plans at all. We wanted to wait and see what we felt like doing when we got there. So to be honest we didn't do a thing!! We ate, read, and relaxed by the pool and on the beach. It was the BEST! I'm not a big fan of the ocean. I think I'm more afraid of the water than I sometimes admit. But little kid, Mark got me out in the ocean to play in the waves. So he was holding me up when a big wave came out of nowhere and knocked us both down. In the middle of all that I hit my toe either against Mark or on the bottom of the ocean floor. I swear I broke it! I could not walk for over a week and still cannot completely wear heels comfortably. It hurt so bad and I got no sympathy from my new husband whatsoever. So on Thursday we went on a safari. We got to see the way of life in the Dominican. It was a fun experience. We were going to go snorkeling but I didn't think I could put my foot into one of those fins. So we spent our last day at the pool, of course. Again, we had the best time doing nothing and just being together. Needless to say it was very hard going back to work and getting into a routine.














































































4 comments:

Tara said...

What a beautiful place! How awesome that you got the upgrade to your room. I hope your toe gets better, but I am sure you are glad it slowed you down so you could just relax and stay by the beach/pool! That is my fav! Brad hates it so I would have loved to have had this excuse...Ha! Glad yall had a good time!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Beautiful! Looks like you guys had a blast. I hope all is well and life is getting back to normal for you!

StacyGower said...

Wow!!! Sounds like you kids had a wonderful honeymoon! The pics of the room are fabulous and the beach looks divine. I can't believe you don't like the ocean. I can never get enough of it, especially when it is that blue. I saw a few pics on Katie G's camera of your wedding. They were absolutely beautiful. I kind of wish I had picked that place over Marathon Village now. I'm so glad that you two had a great time. You are a wonderful couple and deserve the best!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Honeymooners" to our Directory of Honeymoon Travels and Locations. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

honeymun.com Team

http://www.honeymun.com