Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our Wedding Day

Wow! What a beautiful day it was on Saturday, April 25th. We were blessed with a couple of days of just gorgeous days smacked right between two weeks of constant down pours. I woke up early in anticipation for the day to get going. I finished packing, took a shower, gave dad his to-do list and got my things for the day packed in the car. Then mom and the girls headed to get our hair done. I went first and then it was on to make-up. To be honest when I left the salon to get my makeup done I was not too thrilled with my hair. I thought it was going to be a disaster, but after I got my face on and went back to the salon for a few touch ups, all was good! I think it's fair to say I was cool as a cucumber all day. The day was very relaxed and I was just excited about my wedding day. After all the hair was complete we went to Chili's for a late lunch. Then we arrived at Cedarwood. Man, what a beautiful place! As I arrived and did a walk through of the property, I was so amazed at everything. It was just way beyond my expectations. I knew what I had planned, dreamed and imagined but had idea it would turn out so perfectly. We did a quick rehearsal with the bridal party (minus Mark) and then it was time to put my gown on. I just loved my dress. It was so simple, yet elegant, very red-carpet, I felt completely comfortable in it, it was not all that heavy and I did not have to wear a bra! :) So I put on the final touches and it was time to see my husband-to-be. Mark and I decided to see each other before the wedding to get several of the pictures done and to calm some nerves as well. It was such a special moment. I did tear up but didn't really cry. So we did pictures then I hid until show time! Before I knew it, Christa was calling me outside ready for the ceremony. I was just so excited to see everyone and finally marry Mark. Again, not nervous and feeling great. I don't think I stopped smiling all day. Then within 20 minutes we were MARRIED! Wow - and we still can't believe it. Just a sweet time. We then started the reception. We had a sit-down dinner with salad, rolls, roast beef, mashed potatoes, and steamed vegetables. And then everything else feel into place -- we cut the cake, had the first dance, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, bouquet toss, garter toss, and departure. I had the BEST time. Late during the reception, my sweet dad dedicated the song 'I Loved Her First.' He gave Mark this book of Father/Daughter cherished memories with a CD of the song. I danced with dad again through half the song then finished the song dancing with Mark. Now remember me saying that I didn't cry when I saw Mark, well I made it all day................until this moment. I cried my little heart out, it was such a sweet time. And one of my favorite pictures from the snapshots taken by friends and family was one of me, Mark and my dad - the most special men in my life! I'm definitely a daddy's girl and always will be! The wedding and everything was just perfect! I loved every single bit of it, I was so happy! It is a memory that we will never forget. Thank you so much mom and dad for such a special day! We love you both.























































4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

It was a beautiful day! Again, I am so sorry that I had to leave... I hope you had a blast on your honeymoon!

Anonymous said...

I have been checking your blog for these updates! You looked beautiful on your wedding day! Your hair and dress were perfect! The dress looked like it was made just for you! Everything was beautiful! I loved the colors, flowers, table settings, EVERYTHING!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear what you thought about the honeymoon, seeing how we are going there in 3 weeks! Call me when you get a chance:-)
Lindsay Shaver

The Davis Family said...

Katie, You looked stunning! Everything was was so beautiful. I hope you had a wonderful honeymoon and enjoy the newlywed life!

Tara said...

The wedding was so beautiful! You were beautiful, the place was beautiful...EVERYTHING was beautiful! I loved all of the small details and things that were done to make it truly unique and special! And...my did you ever luck out on the weather! It was fabulous. We are also sorry we had to leave early. I was so exhausted after the long day from the marathon. I was running on 2 hours of sleep and the heat and running from the day pooped me out. Was so glad that I was able to be there for your special day!