Friday, June 24, 2011

So Many Festivals

If you know me, I'm always looking for a good festival. Some of my favorites are the Strawberry Festival, the Moon Pie Festival and Jack Daniel's BBQ Festival. Unfortunately, I have missed the first two this year, but we are planning to hit Jack Daniel's fo sho. Something about all the food, crafts, people, and unique things to do just make them so much fun. And not to mention most of the time these fun festivals are in the neatest, quaintest little towns. Earlier this year I was dying to go to the strawberry festival located in Dayton, TN and it somewhat snuck up on us. I used to go to this festival all the time when I was little because my dad and brother would always play in the big softball tournament they have at the same time. I love strawberries anyway, anyhow, any shape or form and Mark hasn't been to this either. (I'm thankful he likes to take in a good festival every once in a while too).

So on the day of the festival we already had scheduled a grooming appointment for Molly but she was scheduled to be done around 10:30am. This still would allow plenty of time to get to the festival and spend most of the day there. Well, Mark was not having it. He didn't care to go and thought we wouldn't have any time, and did not want to make the 2+ hour drive. You name an excuse, he had it. Ugh, I was so mad and so bored that day. Mark tells me sometimes I run him into the ground with my excessive planning and busy body-ness, sometimes he just likes a lazy day at home. I get that but this was THE strawberry festival. I pitched a tantrum like a 3 year old but didn't get my way. So we dang sat at the house all day long with me in a bad mood and bored.to.death.

We ended up running some errands that night and got a call from some friends we had recently met during our new church small group that wanted to meet up. So we met them to hang out and had a GREAT time. Thanks Peyton and Elizabeth, you guys really helped keep Mark out of the dog house that night. So I'm thinking someone else had a hand in us not making the trip to Dayton that day, it was a great start to making new friendships.


Now with that I wanted to list a few TN festivals that I plan on hitting up in the very near future! I thought some of you may like this list too.


Cornbread Festival, April 28-29, South Pittsburgh
Memphis in May, April 29 - May 28, Memphis
TN Strawberry Festival, May 10-15, Dayton, TN
RC Cola and Moon Pie Festival, June 18, Bell Buckle
Grainger County Tomato Festival, July 29, Rutledge
The Sweet Tea Festival, August 27, Thompson Station
The Southern Fried Festival, Sept. 23-24, Columbia
Jack Daniel's BBQ, Oct. 22, Lynchburg

2 comments:

The Peters Family said...

You crack me up. It's fun to see your list of festivals! Please do me a favor and list them again at the beginning of next year too!
I think I've been to half of them!
I think my personal fave is the Jack Daniels BBQ festival because the weather always seems just right.
It was good to see y'all the other day!

Anonymous said...

We made your blog! So happy to have you guys as friends!