Monday, September 5, 2011

Family Trip to Myrtle Beach

Earlier in the summer (before my accident) we had planned a beach trip with my family to Myrtle Beach.  I always thought we would still go but man the part I was dreading the most was the 10 hour drive. I did have to be realistic and tell my family there was a possibility that we wouldn't be able to go. Dang, I hated the sound of that. I wanted to go so badly to see the boys on the beach and have some quality time with the fam. Since I was back to work we thought it would be fine. We drove to Knoxville immediately after work and spent the night, so that took some time off the drive. We made the rest of the trek early Friday morning. We stopped frequently so I made it ok but was sure ready to lay down once we got to the condo.

Wow, it had been years since I've been to Myrtle Beach. We had a 3 bedroom condo for a long weekend. We did get some rain but it worked out with the boys' nap schedule. We had so much fun playing in the sand, playing in in the room, going to dinner, riding rides at the amusement park and just being together. I even got in the lazy river for a few minutes with Drew (shhh, don't tell the dr.)


I was very please with some of the family pictures we got too. It was your typical khaki/white outfits but it looks so great on the beach. Check out my wardrobe options, pretty good, huh? You can't even see Shelly!




No comments: