Wednesday, September 28, 2011

RHS Class of 2001 10 Year Reunion

Really!??!  It's been 10 years since I graduated high school. How is that even possible?  So that means reunion! I had mixed feelings about the this. I was excited, I was dreading it, sometimes I didn't even care, I wanted to have a good turnout, I wondered who I would see...yada, yada. As you can imagine Mark was just beside himself excited about it. :)

The festivities included the football game on Friday night, family day at the park Saturday and the reunion on Saturday night. Well, we didn't miss a one.

Friday night was fun! We started off by touring our high school. I really didn't think this was necessary considering we only had 3 halls. I could literally stand at one and see all of them. BUT it ended up being pretty impressive. They have added on a new cafeteria, wood shop and automotive shop. Although, several things still remain the same like the gross hanging blinds, dirty floors and small desks. It was also fun for Mark to see it too. He still can't get over how small our graduating class was. Thanks Missy for setting up the tour!

Then we headed to the football game which just so happened to be homecoming. It was fun to watch those little guys. When we were in school I always thought our players were big and macho, not so much anymore. They are SCRAWNY! We had fun catching up and eating blow pops, a football tradition. Then it's not a Friday night if you don't go to Ruby Tuesday's afterwards. So we did just that, just like old times.


Bradley, Casey and the boys came to mom and dad's on Saturday. We just don't get to see them enough!  The reunion festivities continued with a day at the park with families. I only went for a little bit because I wanted to see all the kids. There sure were some sweet ones!

Saturday night was the big shin-dig at Rockwood Country Club better known as Ratchett's.  Sounds real classy, huh?  Don't let Country Club fool you. It's more like Kuntry Club. Take a look below. This will give you an idea of the location. 

We had better than expected bar food and some karaoke. It was fun looking at old yearbooks, chatting, taking pictures, singing and laughing. Mish and I took it upon ourselves to play a superlative game as an ice breaker. Some of the categories included; Who Has the Most Kids, Who Traveled the Furthest, Who's Been Married the Longest, etc. It was a lot of fun to learn things about everyone.


We had a few good rounds of karaoke!


One of the most fun things was trying to recreate a picture taken 10 years ago. Can you tell a difference?

Good times! Can't wait to see you guys again soon! Maybe this time we won't wait 10 years.


1 comment:

The Davis Family said...

Ahh, I love all your pictures! Especially, the side by side of our group shots. Can I save this and use it? I had a great time too!