Saturday, January 7, 2012

Photo 16: Something New

With Christmas just passing I have a few new things but I'm going to talk about my new Dutch Oven!

I have wanted a dutch oven probably for two years now. They are sometimes very expensive so I would never buy it for myself. After seeing the movie Julie and Julia I knew I had to have one! They cooked everything in a dutch oven so I immediately thought I needed it in my kitchen. Well this was finally the year for the dutch oven. Mom got me one from the Lodge Cast Iron Factory when she went to the Cornbread Festival (which is on my festival list this year) in South Pittsburgh, TN. Thanks Mom!
Mark got me a Dutch Oven cookbook too. I haven't had a chance to look completely through it but I did make a great Chicken Tortilla Soup in it one night last week. It was mighty tasty.  Now, was it better than in my Emeril cookware??  Err, probably not. But it sure does look nice sitting on my stove! :)


No comments: